Our team of experienced Hull & Machinery experts comprises naval architects and marine engineers, in-house, as well as through our Global Surveyor Network. H&M surveys can be arranged globally, also on short notice.
We have been active in the H&M industry since its early days of existence back in the 1920's. Our track record is significant for surveys involving all kinds of damage, either hull or machinery related, on board deep sea vessels, floating installations, inland navigation vessels etc.
Our services include:
- Establishing the nature, cause and extent of damage
- Assist the insurance company or shipowner in coordinating repairs
- Field (on board) surveys to inspect damaged areas/items
- Study of ship’s drawings to assess the original structure for a possible repair estimate
- Review and collection of relevant documents from the vessel
- Discuss possible repair possibilities in coordination with owner’s representative/ classification society
- Review of repair costs, invoices and disbursements
- Issue and coordination of repair tenders
- Supervision and monitoring of repairs until completion
- Prepare final report on cause, extent of damage and apportionment (owner’s costs or casualty related)
- Providing opinion of possible third party responsibility to the cause of the incident