Asia Pacific Critical Infrastructure Team
Posted 3 weeks ago
Closes on 30 Nov 2020
About the Role
The Business Development Manager – Maritime and Defence leads the development and implementation of BMT’s growth plans for both Defence and Commercial Maritime markets in the Asia Pacific region. Based in Singapore and reporting to the Regional Business Development Director Asia Pacific, the individual will be required to build a pipeline of high-quality opportunities to meet BMT’s ambitious growth targets.
Working closely with the BD & Sales teams as well as Operating Units, the role will be responsible for winning new work and contributing to regional (and country) plans to position and grow BMT’s capability and technology within their region.
This is an important leadership position in BMT. The BDM – Maritime and Defence will lead cross functional teams in the pursuit of opportunities to best position BMT to meet our growth targets in new markets. An intimate understanding of customer buyer behaviours in the region will ensure that that we are able to harness BMTs intellectual property for sustained growth, by providing detailed feedback to our product teams for capability improvements and act as the voice of the customer.
The BDM – Maritime and Defence will exemplify the values and behaviour required of a leader. Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and leading cross-functional teams in the pursuit of BMT wide growth plans are key to the success of this role. This role will require someone with a combination of technical and softer skills – how you do things is as important as what you do. The success in this role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills as well as a highly developed collaborative nature.
· Engagement with defence and commercial maritime customers in Asia Pacific, including shipyards, ship repairers and ship builders, owners and operators of shipping, offshore and coastal maritime assets, defence prime contractors and government defence, security and emergency services agencies in the region.
· Strategic market development within Asia Pacific.
· Contribution to regional plans through identification of achievable growth strategies by matching BMT’s current and future capability and technology offerings to customer needs cognisant of competitors approaches, economic, social, technological, business and industry trends.
· Identification of new business opportunities by analysing market trends, competitors’ share, and customers procurement behaviours to build a pipeline of high-quality opportunities which will underpin sustainable growth for BMT.
· Leading the capture of opportunities and providing guidance to other pursuits both within and outside the region.
· Engagement with senior Industry and Government stakeholders to better understand trends impacting markets within the region.
· Contribution to product development strategies based on intimate understanding of customer needs and procurement cycles.
· Management of the Maritime market aspects of BMT’s Asia Pacific OI pipeline with a focus on accuracy of forecasting.
· In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose.
· Minimum 7-8 years Relevant Industry experience preferably with experience in business development, sales or senior consulting or client facing roles with demonstrable evidence of market growth.
· Candidates should possess a Degree in Business, Maritime Engineering, or other related fields of study.
· Understanding of commercial and defence related maritime markets in Asia Pacific.
· Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to translate market trends into profitable business decisions in a result driven environment.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills to allow delivery of complex messages which must be easily digestible, unambiguous, engaging, and informative to a range of audiences within BMT.
· Proven track record of being able to quickly influence, energise and motivate others.
· Outstanding market knowledge demonstrated through detailed knowledge of client behaviours and procedures as well as market trends across the region.
· Experience of building appropriate and effective local and international networks.
· An understanding of, and exposure to, implementation and use of Product Lifecycle’s to develop R&D into products that can be taken to market.
· Ability to establish positive and effective working relationships with all staff members.
· Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
· Personal drive and appetite to further grow a successful business.
· Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills.
Interested applicants may apply directly by emailing a copy of your updated resume indicating your last drawn and expected salary, as well as your reason for leaving directly to email@example.com. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.