An experienced engineer, providing a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company, whilst also working to maintain the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within your discipline.
Using your experience to provide support and guidance to colleagues across all disciplines and where appropriate for the coordination and technical supervision of colleagues working within your discipline on a project by project basis.
Taking on an active coordination role when required, overseeing assigned projects across all disciplines, whilst also maintaining the primary role.
Actively managing the quality of work produced and evolving and developing the standards and processes used under the guidance of the discipline lead.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Experience of working within a ship design office or shipyard is an advantage.
- Experience of specialist vessel construction and outfit. Large yacht experience is an advantage but not essential.
- 2D & 3D CAD and technical draughting experience
- Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
- Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
- Proven ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail, measured against the contracted deliverables and tracked against the agreed budget.
- Proven communication skills, with experience of liaison and reporting, both internally and to Project Partners.
- Proven ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
- MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations and Classification and Flag rule sets.
- Knowledge and experience of ship structural design and its application to local structure and foundations, preferably with direct shipyard experience.
- Knowledge and experience of ship systems design and its impact upon integration.
- Knowledge and experience of luxury yacht and/or specialist vessel outfit and the requirements for equipment integration, preferably with direct shipyard experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org