India Critical Infrastructure Team
Posted 52 weeks ago
The Business Development Lead is a key member of the Critical Infrastructure Partnership’s day-to-day sales team. Reporting to the Partnership, Business Development Director, the Business Development
Lead is responsible for the sales function for the Critical Infrastructure Partnership with a specific focus on Coastal Infrastructures, Ports and Terminals, within the defined geographic region and market sector,
ensuring the delivery of profitable business growth in line with the Business Plan and Strategic Business objectives.
The Business Development Lead owns and executes the Partnership Campaign and Sales Pipeline within their region and defined market sector. He/she is focused on the business’s sales and marketing activities to support the Partnership strategy and is responsible for the co-ordination of regional sales activities within the defined market sector and region. He/she leads a function that can assist the business to maximise both current and future profit margin through sustainable growth whilst managing and maintaining a picture of market trends that indicate demand for new products and services. The Business Development Lead owns the sales pipeline within the region and market sector. He/she is accountable for generating qualified leads to satisfy an assigned sales target to deliver a solid sales pipeline. Responsible for the accuracy and regular update of data within the CRM of the MIS (Management Information System) for the defined market sector,
the Business Development Lead will communicate regularly with their counterparts in the global Partnership Business Development community to ensure timely follow-up of leads, bids, prospects and bids through to order within the sales pipeline.
As a member of the global business development team, the Business Development Lead exemplifies the values and behaviour required of a senior leader within a growing business. He/she will be required to establish effective working relationships with senior leadership colleagues and other business development leads across the other BMT Partnerships, Operating and Business Units, taking collective responsibility for the day-to-day running of the sales and business development function and coordination of business development activity. He/she contributes and supports the Partnership marketing function, supporting event planning and marketing activities within the regional and market sector assigned to their role.
Planning, Strategy and Governance
• Accountable to the Regional Business Development Director (who is the line manager)
• Interface with other Directors and Senior Management Team as part of collective decision making and actively contribute to the strategic direction of the Partnership and development of the Campaign and Sales Strategies
• Support to and interface with other Partnership Business Development teams to ensure overall collective formulation of strategy and discharge of responsibilities
• Work with other Partnership companies to develop a coherent marketing strategy to support the growth plans for BMT and the partnership more widely
• Promoting the global vision, mission and values; being an active member of the BMT business development community.
Business Development Management
• Seek and build new client relationships to ensure the business has a diverse and resilient clientbase, utilising and informing Key Account Managers across all Partnerships
• Develop and execute a monthly sales plan to follow the Partnership’s marketing and sales strategies within the defined sector and region.
• Generate qualified leads from new and existing clients to satisfy an assigned sales target to ensure delivery of a solid sales pipeline
• Manage the overall co-ordination of sales and marketing activities/events within the region and defined market sector across all Business and Operating Units, following the framework set out in the BMT Work Winning Handbook.
• Attend exhibitions, ensuring familiarity with all services and product lines to ensure that a consistent BMT brand and message is presented, supporting inter and intra-Partnership crossselling
• Maintain oversight of bidding activity and bid quality in the defined market sector and region to promote a consistent message and win work.
• Maintain oversight of project delivery activity and deliverable quality in the defined market sector and region to ensure client expectations are suitably managed
• Take responsibility for the regular monitoring of the accuracy of data in the sales pipeline for the region and market sector to support the Partnership Business Development Director with the overall sales forecasting performance and accuracy for monthly reporting.
• Drive and lead client-focused research to understand evolving client needs and market trends: informing the Operating and Business Units what clients need now, what they might need in the future, why they buy from us (and why from our competitors)
• Chair monthly reviews of sales performance for the defined sector across all regions on rotation, particularly examining sales pipeline health, win rates, added value per head, price per head
Experience and Personal competencies
Professional Expertise, knowledge, skills and experience.
• Previous experience in Business Development with senior level experience and preferably a technical background in ports and terminal developments
• Previous experience in Civil Engineering with senior level experience and preferably a technical background in ports and terminal developments
• Minimum of five years’ experience of relevant international commercial, consulting or professional services business
• Knowledge and existing network within the defined market sector, in this case Coastal Infrastructures, Ports and Terminals
• Understanding of and ability to communicate BMT business unit core capabilities
• Gravitas to network with leaders in industry and government as appropriate
• A demonstrable first-hand track record in delivering sales growth in a professional services firm
• Experienced in managing the close interactions necessary between marketing and business development activities
• Excellent presentation and written skills
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence through excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A team player, with the ability to establish positive and effective working relationships
• Flexibility in approach, adaptable, tenacious in delivery and follow-through
• Proven ability to influence clients and stakeholders, with experience of negotiation of
• Strategic and logical thinker with clarity of thought, able to formulate winning strategies, spot anddevelop competitive advantages.
• Willingness to travel within the defined market region.
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and their cover letter to email@example.com
BMT Consultants (India) Pvt Ltd,
B-506, Citi Point, Andheri - Kurla Rd,
Andheri East, Mumbai,