Employer: BMT Canada Ltd.
Position: Senior Marine Systems Specialist
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Employment Address: 311 Legget Drive, Kanata, Ontario, K2K 1Z8
Hours of Work: 38.75 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for paid expenses and memberships, RRSP program, medical and dental benefits.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 CAD / year
The Senior Marine Systems Specialist is responsible for professionally and efficiently executing work in support of client taskings in the field of Marine Systems Engineering.
- Providing general and marine systems engineering advice and support to internal and external clients
- Detailed knowledge and experienced on the operation of naval systems
- Experience in the in-service support of naval systems and/or engineering design
- Knowledge and experience of submarine maintenance, design and configuration management
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Contributing technical specialist expertise, or practical knowledge, to internal discussions, R&D projects and billable tasks
- Mentoring, training and guiding junior engineers and technologists within DES
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and understanding of naval marine systems design rules and the implications of their application on ship and submarine design
- Developing and reviewing marine systems designs by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials
- Conducting technical assurance activities on deliverables to ensure that system designs are technically sound and that all deliverables meet client requirements
- In addition to these duties, the position holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Marine Systems Engineering
- At least six (6) years’ experience conducting fundamental technical marine systems design support and analysis with submarine applications
- Ability to obtain Canadian security clearance
- Ability to travel to other BMT offices or client sites as required from time to time
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer
- Experience in Naval systems integration, Naval Platform construction and/or repair
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “Senior Marine Systems Specialist” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.