Posted 13 days ago
Closes on 12 Mar 2021
BMT is a leading international design, engineering, science and risk management consultancy with a reputation for engineering excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, faster and more efficient.
Purpose of the Role
The Global Service Desk Manager is responsible for professionally and efficiently managing and developing the BMT ICT Service Desk(s) function and associated processes, practices, and procedures. Developing support methodology globally and co-ordinating global resources
Responsbilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the service desk function within the Global Business Service IT.
- Manages the Service Desk specialist employees including training, coaching, mentoring and the career development of Service Desk Specialists (Role level 1 / 2 / 3)
- Monitor the service desk performance and allocate resources as required.
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advise on situations that may require additional support or escalation within IT or the wider business.
- Identify problems and improvements to IT facilities and feed into the global IT or local IT management calling on 3rd level support as required.
- Maintain and develop a service level catalogue. Identifying areas for automation and improvement and feeding into the wider IT team as a key stakeholder.
- Maintain and enhance the relationships with the individual operating units to identify areas for improvement.
- Developing skills and mentoring skills to ensure skills transfer and that all member of the team are working to optimum efficiency and are cross trained in both product and the required technical knowledge.
- Managing the performance of services to customers, ensuring a timely resolution of issues as per client contracts and ensuring that Service Levels are adhered to and priorities are tightly managed.
- Promoting teamwork and co-operation among the Global support team and continually monitoring its performance (call volume, quality, support cover and resolution to issues), providing regular and informative reporting to the management team and board on the Global Support performance. Recommending and implementing where agreed, quality and service improvements to achieve targets.
- Carryout performance appraisals of the team, setting challenging but achievable objectives (in relation to managing and closing cases, case escalation quality and handling, productivity levels, communication, customer service skills etc).
- Ensure full team cover is provided and a high level of customer service is guaranteed.
- Taking responsibility for the Client Portal and Knowledge base to ensure that its widespread adoption.
- Provide technical support in line with Global Service Level Agreements (first- and second-line support) and oversee consistency of support processes.
- Where appropriate, action client feedback from customer surveys in conjunction with the wider IT community.
In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose.
Authority, Accountability and Working Relationships
The role is responsible and accountable to:
Required to forge effective working relationships with:
- Global IT Lead
- Local IT Management
- Operating unit management
- Hours of Work – 37.5 Hours per week
- Location of Role - Flexible
- Travel to BMT offices on occasion, which may be overseas, as and when required.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Understanding of IT service desk best practices
- Good general IT skills especially in Microsoft product portfolio
- Effective people management skills
- Great Communication skills
- ITIL Practitioner Certificate
- 3 + years’ experience of leading support and helpdesk activities
- Energy, passion and drive to consistently meet or exceed standards, ensuring the team meets the KPIs, SLAs, goals as required, setting the standard for the support team globally.
- Customer service driven and with excellent attention to detail and focus on quality outputs.
- Excellent interpersonal, team motivation, leading and mentoring skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-national and multi-time zone environment would be useful
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org