About the role
A rare and unique opportunity to join an established and dynamic team of engineers and scientists in BMT's TUFLOW Software Team. Learn from some of the industry’s best whilst building your technical and inter-personal skillset on our leading edge 2D and 3D hydrodynamic/environmental modelling software TUFLOW FV.
With over 30 years of continuous development, TUFLOW is internationally recognised as a global industry leader for accurate and workflow efficient flood, urban drainage, lake, estuarine and coastal hydrodynamic/environmental modelling software (https://www.tuflow.com/).
- Assist with software testing and benchmarking, including pre-release testing of new concepts and software features. This testing will include coastal and riverine sediment transport, particle tracking, 3D modelling, turbulence, water quality and wave simulation.
- Work in close collaboration with TUFLOW software developers to continually enhance software products and encapsulate the needs of industry.
- Contribute to research and development discussions and decision-making about future business directions.
- Support BMT's multi-disciplinary consultants in the use of TUFLOW FV products and assist with integration projects of other BMT Software.
- Assist with TUFLOW FV Support activities, including internal and external user queries, TUFLOW FV Forum, manuals and TUFLOW FV Wiki content.
- Support delivery of TUFLOW FV training courses and workshops. This may require travel within Australia and internationally.
- Liaise and collaborate with key industry and/or academic partners.
The “must-have” requirements to be considered for (and enjoy) the role:
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or other relevant area of study.
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience in 2D and 3D hydrodynamic and environmental modelling post-graduation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with training others and presenting to small groups.
Desirable attributes to be considered for (and enjoy) the role:
- Experience working with remote teams in other offices.
- Experience working within the environment, engineering and/or resources sector.
- Familiarity with Geographical Information System (GIS) software.
- Experience with programming/scripting in Python, Fortran, MATLAB, or other software languages.
BMT provides engineering and scientific services and solutions to industry, commerce, policy makers, regulators, and public sector operators. We offer specialised support for our customers to provide solutions to their challenges, delivering leading engineering and project management services to the market. Pivotal to delivering these industry leading solutions is the TUFLOW software suite and the TUFLOW Team’s on-going research, development, and support services.
The benefits of this opportunity are two-fold:
- The role will provide excellent industry exposure and access to extensive networks of like-minded people that provides a genuine opportunity to build and accelerate your industry standing and technical capabilities.
- BMT promotes role flexibility and has a suite of offerings to ensure employee well-being.
For further information on BMT and TUFLOW FV please refer to https://www.bmt.org/ and https://www.tuflow.com/products/tuflow-fv/.
How to apply
If you are interested in expressing your interest in this role, please submit your CV and cover letter/e-mail via SEEK. Only applications with a cover letter/e-mail will be considered.