BMT is a leading international design, engineering, science and risk management consultancy with a reputation for engineering excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, faster and more efficient.
Purpose of the Role
The Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing Manager is responsible for working with the business to build and promote a diverse, supportive and inclusive environment for all our current and future employees, based on the existing global HR Strategy and its supporting global Diversity & Inclusion Strategy and Wellbeing Policy.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Diversity and Inclusion:
This individual will take our existing Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and work with the Global HR Community and other key stakeholders across the business to implement this and drive significant change in this area including:
- Development of new and enhancement of existing company policies to reinforce diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Working with the Global HR Community to support managers, through training as appropriate on topics such as selection and retention of a diverse community across BMT.
- Working with the internal and external communications teams to revise and update all communication on our website, social media pages, job descriptions and internal documents to ensure that we are appealing to a diverse audience and promoting a diverse and inclusive way of thinking
- Establishing metrics to measure and forecast diversity which can then be used to support the business in any action planning under diversity and inclusion
- Setting up the infrastructure across our global business to facilitate the implementation of the diversity and inclusion strategy including, but not limited to, Regional Diversity and Inclusion Forums.
- Working in partnership with third party providers to ensure that minority groups are supported and feel included in the BMT community at all times.
This Individual will take our existing wellbeing policy and work with the Global HR Community and other key stakeholders across the business to implement this and drive significant change in this area including:
- Establishing a global approach to employee wellbeing, whilst recognizing local requirements
- Ensuring a continuous focus on employee wellbeing with policies and processes that are embedded across the global business.
- Establishing metrics which measure employee wellbeing which can then be used to support the business in any action planning in this area
This individual will also offer recommendations on enhancing our Wellbeing and Diversity & Inclusion strategies and in particular review changes and trends within these topic areas which may influence the strategy and approach.
In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose.
Authority, Accountability and Working Relationships
The role reports to:
- HR Director, Global Business Services and Global Projects
Required to forge effective working relationships with:
- The Global HR Community
- The HR Senior Leadership Team
- HR Director
- Stakeholder managers
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience in a D&I specific role
- Experience working in a global organisation
- Experience in developing and implementing a D&I strategy globally
- Experience in developing and implementing a wellbeing strategy globally
All competencies as at level 4 on the BMT Career Map
- 5 – 3 days per week (flexible hours within this)
- Home based (initially and to be reviewed)
- Travel to BMT offices on occasion, which may be overseas, as and when required.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org