Purpose of the Role
The Project Controller is responsible for maintaining a overall position of performance and insight of control of all projects, developing clear concise reporting whilst providing project support.
Coordinating project administrative activities, whilst working closely with the Technical Project Managers.
Creating and maintaining an oversight of all project performance and supporting successful delivery of projects across the operating unit.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for collating a performance overview of all live projects, checking all appropriate project control processes and procedures are being applied and maintained.
- Undertake a continual status monitoring of projects, managing the central project tracking dashboard detailing performance, delivery and risk profiles.
- Facilitate individual project reviews with Technical Project Managers including project set-up, regular performance progress reviews and project close downs.
- Tracking financial performance and forecasting, project creep and emergent work.
- Monitor project data within the management information system, ensuring its accuracy and current status from a contractual and financial perspective.
- Track and monitor project invoicing, maintaining the invoice milestones whilst liaising with Technical Project Managers and Regional Finance.
- Track and manage change orders and emergent work, ensuring baseline budgets and schedules are adjusted by the Technical Project Managers and invoice forecasting is adjusted.
- Prepare updates and support monthly project review meetings for reporting to Directors.
- Reporting to the Programme Manager and Principal Project Manager (Yachts) on a regular basis, advising of emerging changes and potential risks as they arise.
- Work with Technical Project Managers, creating project data reports for individual project teams for analysis.
- Record project Learning From Experience (LFE) aspects gained from project reviews and close down, organising reviews as required.
- Set-up new enquiries and projects within the management information and documentation systems, supporting the assigned Technical Project Manager to configure and implement.
- Set-up new starters in Mavenlink, Deltek & DocMan (and de-activating when req’d)
- Assist with the introduction of a new management information system (G-MIS) and provide support through the role-out and transition phase.
- Support other process aspects relating to project control, project management and G-MIS
- Manage electronic filing of all project budgetary and contract information through the project life-cycle audit trail
- Provide support to the Regional Finance Controller at Month End and Year End, in relation to project performance updates and revised ETC collations from the Technical Project Managers.
- Provide input and suggestions for process improvements.
In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose.
Authority, Accountability and Working Relationships
The role is responsible and accountable to:
- Programme Manager (or their delegate)
When supporting the Yacht projects, reporting to and following the guidance of:
- Principal Project Manager (Yachts)
Required to forge effective working relationships with:
- Technical Project Managers
- Regional Finance Controller
How to apply
Send your CV, and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please note, the successful candidate must hold, or be eligible to obtain, UK security clearance to Baseline Personnel Security Standard level.