The role of the senior engineer is to conduct professional engineering work without detailed supervision. He/she is responsible for providing guidance and oversight to multiple projects, as well as training and mentoring junior engineers.
Technical and Project Management
- Exceptional technical delivery and sound counsel on consulting projects related to Maritime Design.
- Supervises and reviews the work of junior engineers
- Makes judgement and recommendations on technical matters within area of expertise.
- Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to complete assignments.
- Shares knowledge and acts as mentor to junior staff within area of expertise.
- Adheres to Companies quality, safety and environmental procedures/standards.
- Prepare proposals and participate in negotiations with the potential Clients.
- Manages senior level relationships with clients, championing needs & managing expectations
- Act as Project Manager on a range of projects, managing projects to scope and within time, cost and quality requirements.
- Manage equipment resources, including advice to management regarding future asset requirements, as relevant to role.
- Supervises staff as necessary to complete assignments.
- Has proactive approach towards invoicing and cash management in line with KPI’s set from time to time
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of relevant software, systems and processes.
- Undertakes site visits as required
- Support business growth targets by Identifying potential and key opportunities, and build long term relationship with prospects
- Provides customer/internal training when required
- Source of latest industry trends and issues
- May contribute to, or be the author of, technical papers
- Maintains, or is working towards, Chartered Status.
- Liaises with clients, potential and current, for the purposes of service delivery, networking and business development.
- Build and develop meaningful knowledge, awareness and understanding of relevant market area and development within it
- Build and sustain a solid understanding of our services and capabilities
- Assist staff within own business line and across the business to build and sustain strong client relationships and work streams.
- Seek and build new client relationships to ensure the business has a diverse and resilient client-base
- Intermittent travel within the Asia Pacific region for client facing meetings / opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural
- Minimum 10-15 years’ relevant experience in maritime or related industries post-graduation.
- Sound knowledge of structural design of marine structures based on international standards
- Sound knowledge of structural design and drawings software such as STAAD and AutoCAD.
- Able to work under pressure to meet the schedule requirement of fast-track projects.
- Able to manage more than one projects simultaneously
- Able to provide expert advice to EPC Contractor during construction on any construction related issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills.
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation.
- Experience working within the engineering or resources sector.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative and takes a proactive approach to tasks.
- Flexible, team player.
- Positive attitude towards the work and colleagues
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply directly by emailing a copy of your updated resume indicating your last drawn and expected salary, as well as your reason for leaving directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.