BMT is seeking multi-discipline Senior Marine Designers to support naval architect and marine engineering small boat and ship design team. Multi-discipline Senior Marine Designer will have experience using Rhino and AutoCAD to develop 3D arrangement models to support early stage ship design, regulatory body submittal, contract/concept level design packages. Tasking will range from the development of conceptual ship drawings to developing detail and production design drawings and updating as-built drawings. Designers are expected to prepare production-ready drawings, perform quality assurance reviews and maintain document library.
Work Location: Work From Home
Applicants must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain DoD security clearance. Company will not sponsor a work visa.
- High School Diploma and 10 years’ ship 2D and 3D design and modeling experience using Rhino and AutoCAD is required. Associates Degree or Technical School Diploma preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience developing / modifying “design for production” ship drawings that can be economically produced using normal, current shipbuilding practices is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience reviewing and applying established specifications and basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a design/QA lead ensuring drawings are accurate and updated in drawing documentation files and library preferred
- Proven ability lead and manage a design project and team and work independently with limited guidance from a design manager and ensure quality of deliverables meet project schedule are required
- Experience preparing drawings using ANSI standards and normal ship design and shipbuilding practices. Knowledge of commercial, USN, and USCG drawing standards and templates helpful.
- Experience supporting commercial naval architect consulting firms and shipyard construction practices and procedures preferred
- Experience working with USCG/DoD ship design and modification projects a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and learn new 2D and 3D AutoCAD skills and design standards and apply them directly to current projects required. ShipConstructor helpful
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills and experience and proven ability to quickly and fully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify technical points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, subcontractors and other stake-holders and develop a data sharing and collaborative environment required
- Commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Demonstrated ability to proactively investigate and resolve technical design problems
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and desire to actively contribute to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/43550483. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.