As a Principal Surveyor you will be responsible for completely and independently dealing with the investigation of damage claims and rendering advice to principals. The work is extremely varied and makes demands on your intellectual and analytical capabilities as well as your knowledge in the field of shipping and technology.
As a Principal Surveyor for the Singapore office you will:
- Carry out a wide range of surveys (including vessel condition inspection, container ship inspection, cargo gear inspection) using specialist knowledge and experience.
- Prepare relevant reports on types of surveys conducted, recommended actions and repairs, or conditions remedied.
- Assess or recommend the time and value of the work to be undertaken for an external client, assisting in identifying the most appropriate fee and cost structure.
- Ensure reports are prepared to a high quality within budget and contractual requirements.
- Submit reports to client within given timescale.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the business in the region.
- Actively looking for new survey opportunities in order to grow the BMT market share in the region
- Developing the survey business with the support of the regional BD team
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
- Ensure safety requirements are understood and adhered to at all times.
- Pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
- Provide guidance to colleagues, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- The role requires the ability to carry out a flexible work pattern around job requirements as well as the ability to travel and at short notice.
- Have sea-going experience as a Master Mariner
- Have sound marine, technical and engineering knowledge
- Preferably working experience as a master/ chief engineer of ocean-going vessels.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, preferably completed the maritime academy.
- Preferably have experience as marine surveyor and/or principal surveyor
- Be a team player as well as being able to work autonomously
- Have excellent written and spoken command knowledge in English
- Be flexible (no nine-to-six mentality) and representative
- Familiarity with mooring analysis will be an advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply directly by emailing a copy of your updated resume indicating your last drawn and expected salary, as well as your reason for leaving directly to email@example.com. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.