BMT is seeking a Project Controller / Financial Analyst to work directly with project managers and operations officer to support project financial management, monthly closing, invoicing, and project reporting. The Project Controller / Financial Analyst will perform cost and schedule analysis of federal contracts (FFP, T&M and CPFF) to ensure present and future project performance is consistent with forecasts and identify any risks or opportunities to the fiscal plan. This position will support and report directly to the Vice President of Operations. Primary duties include:
- Interface and work closely members of several functions including operations, project management, finance, and contracts.
- Participate in multiple process areas (scheduling, analyzing, forecasting, timekeeping, reporting, travel subcontracting, procuring, invoicing) and across project phases (initiation, planning, execution, monitor & control, and close)
- Develop and maintain detailed spend plans and phasing plans, and reconcile via execution ledgers. Collaborate with schedulers to ensure plans agree.
- Track persons assigned to projects and draft budget limits for resource allocations. Review labor charges to ensure accuracy in accounting.
- Track actual costs and obligations in relation to estimates, complete variance analysis, identify cost/schedule variances, risks and opportunities, and impacts to cash flow and offer recommendations to PM, Contracts, and Accounting team to produce variance recovery plans as needed.
- Ensure all expenditures, estimates and change orders are properly coded and dispersed into proper control accounts. Adjust financial projects to reflect current status of change orders.
- Generate and maintain accurate Estimate To Complete (ETC)/Estimate At Completion (EAC) reports. Apply basic Earned Value Management principles.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of risk and opportunity registers and the tracking of risk provisions, contingency, and management reserve.
- Assist in preparing client invoicing packages and help resolve issues with associated account receivables, unbilled, working directly with the client A/P department if requested by the PM. Work with A/R department to monitor paid invoices and associated aged receivables.
- Assist CFO with direct and indirect budgets and year-end audits as needed.
- Screen subcontractor invoices for accuracy and track costs against funded amounts and provide notice of potential funding over-burns if applicable.
- Support PM with deliverables such as monthly financial reports, daily manning/staffing reports, and project plans; ensure all deliverables are submitted and filed appropriately.
- Assist in preparing all relevant information needed for contract, task order and subcontract modifications.
- Works directly with accounting to make any necessary adjustments to actual costs in terms of proper coding and distribution.
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses including labor and financial performance trends such as variances from plan, cash flow delays, missed revenue targets, etc. in order to provide insight into financial performance.
- Prepare/Support Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations, Finance Reviews, and Executive level briefings.
Work Location: Arlington, VA
Applicant must be a US citizen. Ability to qualify for and obtain a Government security clearance is required. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position. Only applicants residing in Washington DC metro area will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field plus 3 years of federal government contract (e.g., design engineering projects, 3rd party projects, etc.) project controller, cost accounting experience required. Education and work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience. Education requirements may be waived with 4 years of related experience.
- 10-15 years’ federal government contact ETC for FFP, T&M and CPFF, cost accounting and revenue recognition experience is required.
- 10 years’ experience and advance knowledge of Costpoint, CostPoint Projects, AP, AR, Procurement Modules, Deltek ET and Cognos are required.
- Expert in MS Excel, including advanced pivot table management, and well versed in MS Word and MS PowerPoint required. MS Project experience highly desirable.
- Confident and clear verbal and written communication skills are required to successfully listen, proactively investigate project issues and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to resolve problems, facilitate consensus, and complete tasks on time
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working under pressure and deadlines
- Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines with positive attitude
- Ability to work extended hours when needed to support critical periods in monthly, quarterly and annual accounting cycle
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills to support program review meetings
- Self-directed, proactive, professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/40890284 . This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
BMT DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc.
2900 South Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070