The Project Coordinator is responsible for professionally and efficiently providing support to administrative and project activities within the Asset Performance Service (APS) business line. The Project Coordinator works with Technical and Management staff in APS to support project scheduling, reporting, summarizing technical and project data, project invoicing, in-house procedure maintenance, health and safety and quality system documentation, purchasing and shipping.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide project management support
- Support technical writing
- Facilitate production and maintenance of in-house procedures
- Manage and organize project records and reports
- Support operation of the company quality management system
- Support shop and lab material and consumable purchasing
- Coordinate material shipping and receiving
- Active participant in maintaining administrative records for the business line and projects
- Coordination of business line activities
- Support the production and organization of business development materials
- Coordinate group activities
In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Technical and administrative writing skills
- Administrative support experience
- Understanding of quality management systems
- High level of expertise with MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of health and safety systems
- Project management support familiarity
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Ability to recognize problems or limitations and ask for guidance
- Attention to detail
- Organization and record keeping skills
- Familiarity with technical / engineering work-place
- Business management familiarity
- Familiarity with MS PowerPoint
- Familiarity with test or experimental procedure documentation
- Bilingual (English and French or Spanish)
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “AP-013 Project Coordinator" in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
or mail to:
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.