BMT is seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator with Deltek CostPoint experience. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environment and safety companies. The Accounts Payable (AP) Administrator will be responsible for processing a heavy volume of vendor invoices and staff expense reimbursement requests. Applicant must be dependable with a pleasant disposition and enjoy small team working environment. This position will require a background check. Accounts Payable Administrator requires an individual that is a dependable, detail oriented, self-starter with strong professional work ethic. Under general direction and supervision of the VP Finance, Accounts Payable Administrator duties include:
- Processing AP and maintaining payment records, clear understanding of GL structure and Chart of Accounts including cost pools to complete all full cycle AP process and procedures
- Prepare and respond to AP audit schedules
- Maintain and update AP policy and procedure manual as needed
- Maintain A/P 90 Day Aging Report monthly and investigate and resolve outstanding issues
- Process AP checks
- Reconcile AP Monthly and resolve outstanding credits the company - Generate Report by 5th of the month
- Reconcile Advance Account Monthly and resolve outstanding issues - Generate Report by 5th of the month
- Reconcile Gas Card Monthly and resolve outstanding issues - Generate Report by 5th of the month
- Act as primary vendor contact
- Ensure vendor documentation and W-9 are file by December 15 and process annual 1099’s and annual tax reporting
- File AP supporting documentation and maintain AP files
- Set-up new vendors in Deltek CostPoint
- Review and verify vendor invoices, create AP vouchers with accurate GL code(s) for review and enter into Deltek CostPoint
- Review and process all BMT D&P staff expense reports, ensure receipts comply with company policies and government contracting regulations and create AP vouchers with accurate GL code(s) for review and enter into Deltek CostPoint
- Prepare AP reports for payment approval to VP Finance
- Open, review, prioritize and direct mail to appropriate personnel and file all A/P checks, vouchers and supporting documentation
- POC for BMT staff with all AP inquires
- Reconcile Monthly Travel Advance and Gas Card Advance accounts.
- Code AR billable deposits, ensure all billable deposits reconcile with corresponding invoice documentation, purchase order (if applicable) and research and resolve outstanding issues
Work Location: Arlington, VA
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of AP experience required or 8 years’ AP experience in lieu of degree required
- 3 years’ Deltek CostPoint AP experience required
- Payroll Administration experience helpful
- Advance MS Excel experience including but not limited to running macros, updating and modifying formulas and linking spreadsheets required
- Work independently and with accounting finance team to take initiative to resolve problems and to meet deadlines required to support team objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability for “self-starting,” and problem solving, meeting deadlines, and adapting to new environments or challenges.
- Must be responsive, reliable and a team player.
- Working knowledge of technology and willingness to work with systems, including Microsoft Office and accounting applications experience with Oracle and other related accounting systems preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have mathematical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and apply them directly to current work is a MUST
- Demonstrated ability to reach out, communicate, ask questions, listen and complete tasks is a Must.
- Ability to discreetly manage business sensitive and confidential information required.
- Dependable, self-starter, proactive professional actively interested in contributing to individual growth.
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/58398161. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 South Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206