BMT was contracted by BC Ferries (BCF) to produce detailed designs and plans for the mid-life upgrade of a C-class passenger ferry.
The project consisted of doing detailed designs for the following requirements:
- Upgrading passenger amenities on the Sundeck and Passenger deck
- 4 new Marine Escape Systems (MES) were installed on the vessel
- Structural fire protection was upgraded in way of the MES positions
- The Fire Control Plan and Lifesaving Plan were also updated to reflect new layout and equipment
Class and Type
- C Class - Double-Ended, roll-on/roll-off
- Length Extreme (Over Guards) - 139.29m / 457'
- Length Waterline - 133.198m / 437'
- Breadth (Moulded) - 17.534m / 90'-4”
- Depth (Moulded) - 7.925m / 26'-0”
- Total Complement - 1466 Persons
- Crew - 44 Persons
- Vehicles - 362 Vehicles
- Main Engines - Two Mak 12m551AK
Performance and Range
- Speed - 19 to 22 Knots / 35 to 41 km/h
- Range (at service speed)
Classification and Flag
- IMO number: 7902221
- Official number: 396048
- Callsign: VG8177