BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking an experienced Drawing Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert with Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) subject matter expertise to support commercial and government ship acquisition programs. The Drawing Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert will support the design team. Duties include reviewing design drawing to ensure that they technically will ensure the systems and equipment will function as designed.
Work Locations: Work from Home
Candidate must be a US citizen. Company will not sponsor work visa for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or engineering technology or 10 years of experience in the marine maintenance and plant operations on a ship or in a shipyard test and commissioning activity.
- Minimum 5 years commercial, Navy, US Coast Guard or National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) experience as an operating engineer required
- Advance MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) creating technical reports, activity reports, risk assessments and presentations required
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing
- Actively investigates and resolves problems
- Demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills with ability to quickly and successfully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify program points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers technical staff, technicians, subcontractors and other stake-holders and develop a data sharing and collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills that result in the delivery of high quality products and services that exceed client expectations
- Demonstrated proficiency in completing detail-oriented tasks with accuracy and on time
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/54723310. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc.
2900 South Quincy Street
+1 703 920 7070