BMT Designers & Planners (BMT) is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to support marine environmental clients in Bethesda, MD. This is a contract position with an expected start date of May 19, 2021. Tasking will include but not be limited to:
- Establishing requirements for shipboard environmental and pollution control systems
- Assessing ballast water and wastewater treatment systems for compliance with requirements
- Conducting engineering evaluations of environmental systems and technologies
- Supporting the strategic planning and performance of environmental systems development and procurement initiatives
- Writing technical reports and white papers
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years of experience supporting US Navy Environmental programs in similar areas. Applicant must work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team.
Applicant must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
Work Location: Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, Bethesda, MD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the maritime industry required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing technical guidance and assessing mechanical operating systems including ballast water treatment systems, fresh water and distillation systems, lube oil and hydraulic systems preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Afloat environmental pollution and testing and evaluating environmental shipboard environmental systems in compliance with DoD and commercial environmental regulations and Uniform National Discharge Standards (UNDS)
- Experience supporting and establishing requirements and policies, risk and hazard management and engineering assessments of shipboard environmental systems
- Experience in a lab setting including testing equipment, design of experiments, and data gathering and analysis
- Strong familiarity with ship environmental areas including, hazardous materials control and minimization, pollution prevention afloat, oil spill prevention and engine emissions
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills required. Experience writing technical trade studies, white papers and technical reports preferred.
- Provide high caliber client service by anticipating client needs, investigating and resolving problems and the ability to successfully work independently and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams is required
- Dependable, eager to learn, proactive, self-starter professional with excellent work ethic, attention to detail/quality and interested in contributing to individual and team growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/532028971. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070