BMT is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering, science and technology consultancy offering a broad range of services, particularly in the energy, environment, shipping, ports, and logistics and defence sectors. Customers are served by professionals located in a network of international subsidiary companies in over 30 offices and across 5 continents. BMT is an employee focused business that maintains its independence by operating as an employee benefit trust, headquartered in the UK.
About the role
Reporting to the Drafting Manager, the Draftsperson is responsible for performing a complex level of design drafting, 3D modelling, detailing, and provision of technical input advice.
- Provides input into design concepts for specific requirements in conjunction with project managers, engineers and clients
- Assumes responsibility for the layout of machinery and equipment to reflect the intent of the concept, ease of manufacture and dimensional accuracy
- Creates accurate and functional 3D CAD models and 2D drawings
- Supervises other draftspersons allocated to the project
- Ensures drawings are in accordance with the appropriate specifications, procedures and standards
- Carries out site inspections and surveys
- Checks other draftsperson's drawings
- Liaises with clients, engineers, nominated designers and suppliers
- Maintains drawing registers
- Administrates the issuing of drawings to clients
- Operates a CAD system
- Performs technical duties requiring mature professional knowledge
- Makes judgements and recommendations on technical matters within area of expertise
- Shares knowledge and acts as mentor to more junior staff within area of expertise
- Adheres to quality, safety and environmental procedures/standards which are communicated through COMPASS
- Liaises with clients, potential and current, for the purposes of service delivery, networking and business development
- Manage equipment resources, including advice to management regarding future asset requirements, as relevant to role
- Supervises staff as necessary to complete assignments
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of relevant software, systems and processes
- Completes other relevant duties as directed by manager
- Certificate of technology in design drafting or approved equivalent
- Minimum 5 years drafting experience
- Experience working within the mining, bulk materials handling and/or resources sectors
- CAD training
- Highly organised
- Demonstrates initiative and takes a proactive approach to tasks
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation
How to apply
Submit your application including your resume and cover letter addressing the requirements of the role via SEEK.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.