The S1000D Specialist is responsible to support our clients in the execution and oversight of Common Source Database development and implementation. This may include support to building and maintaining a Common Source Database (CSDB) as part of an integrated data environment, including the development of relevant processes and business rules. Support in developing specifications for CSDB and interactive electronic technical publications (IETP) may also be within the scope of work.
In addition to S1000D support, the Senior Program Services Consultant is responsible to provide consultant services to clients as may be required to execute consultancy contracts within the scope of BMT Canada’s market area, within the realm of their skills, background and experience.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Executes BMT client work:
- Completes tasks to meet specified objectives within timescales and budgets.
- Supports BMT Project Managers (or acts as PM) to:
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with the statement of requirements and is checked in accordance with the relevant Quality Procedure;
- Take steps to complete the work requirements within the agreed budget.
- Proactively interacts with customers, develops a thorough understanding of their needs, and works to exceed expectations. At higher job levels, increased ability to leverage this performance and develop a thorough understanding of the customers’ needs to encourage/support/enable/establish new work is expected.
In area of specialization:
- Maintains currency in subject matter related to S1000D.
Performs Business Development:
- As experience is gained: define, support and lead bids for the winning of new work in accordance with the internal bid review/business development process.
Leads others by:
- Contributing to the objectives and direction of the Program Services team and Design Engineering Services Business Area and positively and actively supports the decisions of the management team;
- Freely sharing information and supporting other BMT Consultants to optimize the overall success of BMT Canada;
- Contributing to a culture of operational and technical excellence;
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting development of staff under their line management; and
- Maintaining professional currency in areas of expertise agreed with the Program Services Engineering Manager.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience in the delivery of S1000D based Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals for a large project.
- Experience in the development of training for S1000D and Training Needs Analysis in accordance with S6000T for a large project.
- Ability to manage and lead peers without direct authority.
- Ability to influence and earn the respect of customers.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Security Clearance.
- Over five years of experience in an Integrated Logistics Environment.
- Degree or Diploma in a technical field.
- Evidence of continued education or certifications.
- Experience supporting projects which deliver to a Federal government client.
- Experience developing business rules and data module codes for CSDB applications.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “PS-032 Program Service Consultant" in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
or mail to:
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.