BMT Designers & Planners (BMT) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a US Navy client located in Bethesda, MD. This is a contract position subject to funding with start date on October 18, 2021.
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years of experience providing administrative support, data collection, technical report editing and formatting, document organization, and creating and maintaining spreadsheets, forms, documents and records. Candidate must exhibit progressive levels of federal government work experience and works both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team. Professional work ethic and customer service are essential in this position.
Work Location: Bethesda, MD
Applicant must be a US citizen with a DoD security clearance or ability to obtain one. Company will not provide employment sponsorship or relocation for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing technical reports for grammatical and formatting errors and editing these reports to improve readability
- Drafting technical letters and memos in standard Navy format
- Meeting coordination including scheduling meetings and conference calls and assisting with teleconference tools
- Assisting with and reviewing DTS travel orders and training requests
- Drafting clear and concise emails, communicating direction through email, and handling extensive email traffic in a large team environment
- High School Diploma and minimum 5 years’ experience providing DoD program administrative support is required. US Navy support experience highly desirable. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistance supporting senior staff; reviewing and editing technical documents, maintaining document files; coordinating meetings, conference call lines, program reviews, training and special events; creating conference packages; tracking travel and training and ordering office supplies is required. Defense Travel System (DTS) familiarity highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, and excellent communication skills are required.
- Advance MS Office skills and at least 2 years’ word processing experience creating and editing correspondence, briefs, status reports, technical reports and presentations is required. MS SharePoint experience desirable
- Experience with processing/tracking correspondence and document organization.
- Experience copying, scanning, reducing, faxing, binding, routing, filing, distributing, archiving, shredding, and disposing of documentation
- Provide high caliber client service by anticipating client needs, investigating and resolving problems, and the ability to successfully work independently and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams is required
- Dependable, eager to learn, proactive, self-starter professional with excellent work ethic, attention to detail/quality and interested in contributing to individual and team growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/60034495. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
BMT DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206