BMT Designers & Planners (BMT) is currently seeking a Cloud Systems Operations Engineer to support and ensure implementation of networks and software applications in Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Engineer must be a self-starter who can work with minimal oversight, able to communicate clearly and quickly and fully integrate with a multidisciplinary team. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing networks and servers in AWS.
- Perform Windows administration, setup servers and provide network support
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Automation with AWS CloudWatch/Lambda
- Perform Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, Amazon) administration, setup servers and provide network support
- Experience with NGINX
- Vulnerability scans, audit logs reviews, and testing
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines
- Perform Elastic Stack administration and updates
- Manage Kibana
- Perform other short-term and long-term tasks and duties as assigned by Management
Work Location: Work From Home
Qualified applicant must be a US citizen with ability to acquire a DoD Clearance
- At least 2 years’ experience with System Administration
- At least 2 years’ experience with the installation of computer systems and servers and hardware/software integration required
- Understanding of AWS methods and tools.
- Education: College degree or a high school diploma and 5+ years’ experience may be substituted in lieu of the college degree requirement.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate required
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them directly to current work
- Clear listening and verbal communication skills that facilitate ability to reach out, ask questions and complete tasks on time
- Resolve problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to independently perform complex tasks in IT technical environment
- Ability to establish successful working relationships with project managers, technical staff and other project stake-holders
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Coordinates with program support team and acts independently as needed to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Self-motivated, dependable professional with commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding project needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/49284880TBD. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
BMT DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206