Open to any U.S. location (working remotely)
Americas Critical Infrastructure Team
Posted 38 weeks ago
Closes on 19 Feb 2021
BMT is the author and developer of the internationally recognized TUFLOW hydraulic and environmental modelling software products (https://www.tuflow.com/) We have a need for a US-based TUFLOW Software Lead to grow and support our software user base across North America.
The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer or scientist in one of the fields of flood, urban drainage or coastal environmental modelling seeking a career shift with a customer solution focused software group. The role is to develop long-term relationships with users, network at conferences, visit potential customers, proactively market TUFLOW products, and be a local contact for user support and training.
In addition to TUFLOW, our Environment and Infrastructure Portfolio provides environmental consultancy services and other specialized software solutions. The core environmental capabilities include flood risk and water resource management, coastal processes, climate change adaptation, and environmental regulation and compliance. You will also have the opportunity to liaise and support our consultancy services through their extensive and innovative use of TUFLOW products around the world.
• Work with the Global Head of Software and the local Business Development (BD) team to develop and implement strategic focus areas and measurable action plans that align with global software product growth plans.
• Support local Operating Units (OUs) and BD initiatives and targeted campaigns where relevant to the region, market, and capability.
• Collaborate with business leaders in BMT to ensure coordination in generating software sales, responding to opportunities, and delivering customer focused TUFLOW solutions and outcomes with assistance from our consulting operations as appropriate.
• Drive and/or support the development, implementation, and review of specific TUFLOW market campaigns and sales plans for key market sectors or initiatives.
• Contribute to the maintenance and management of a customer database and associated CRM system, ensuring customer feedback is collected, proactively responded to, and used to improve the business.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of TUFLOW North American marketing plans and materials including sponsored North America-based conferences, brochures, website content and other marketing materials.
• Generate TUFLOW focused social media posts and strategically contribute to the TUFLOW business’ overall communication and media strategies in consultation with Global Head of Software.
• Contribute ideas and user feedback for software product research and development to continually enhance TUFLOW software products and encapsulate the needs of the industry.
• Contribute and participate in the delivery of TUFLOW software support and training services, workshops, and conferences, with support by the main TUFLOW software support and training teams as required.
• Contribute development and sales ideas and participate in the integration of separate BMT software solutions for broader applications, including BMT DEEP, REMBRANDT and others.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of Engineering or Science with a passion for hydraulic and environmental modelling.
• Knowledge and experience using hydraulic modelling software in fields such as flooding, urban drainage, coastal and estuarine hydraulics, climate change impacts, storm surge, tsunami, and dam failure.
• Must be able and willing to travel to client offices across North America for sales meetings, demonstrations, training, and support.
• Must be able and willing to travel to other companies of the BMT group or to conferences, domestically and internationally, as may be needed.
• Must be able and willing to work independently within a global software team, and in a local team environment; with an ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Experience in engineering software sales.
• Knowledge and experience using the TUFLOW software products.
• Relevant post graduate degree in Engineering, Science, Sales or Business Management
Please send cover letter with desired salary range and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org