BMT Designers & Planners (BMT) is seeking full time Systems Engineer to support NAVSEA submarine acquisition programs and logistics system requirements development. Tasks include logistics modeling, maintenance program development, logistics system requirements development, capabilities and lessons learned. Position requires project management and maintenance and logistics systems design leadership. Candidates must communicate effectively (both orally and in writing), lead and manage project and programs and commit to assisting Design and Engineering and Asset Performance Business Line Leads with developing new client relationships that lead to the capture and award of new contracts. Must demonstrate expertise and leadership in the following work activities:
- Project/Program financial management and delivery of quality products and services
- Assist Asset Performance Support team with development and execution of strategy to provide Reliability Engineering services to current and future clients
- Assist NAVSEA COLUMBIA Product Support Manager with the development of logistics modeling, maintenance program requirements, integrated product support elements and logistics system requirements
- Conduct analyses and trade off studies to support reliability, maintenance and logistics approaches for COLUMBIA product support elements
- Review shipbuilder/design integrator reliability, maintenance and logistics deliverables and provide comments
- Conduct Market research on COTS software and hardware products that can be used in support of reliability, maintenance and logistics elements of the COLUMBIA program
- Assist in developing required plans, concept papers, white papers, and briefings, action and milestone planning and tracking, project planning and progress status, program metrics establishment and tracking, and participation in designated meetings and milestone reviews in current and future ship and submarine acquisition programs
Candidate must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance.
Work Location: Work at Home
Travel: up to 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience US Navy experience including submarine management and performance and ship systems engineering and integration programs
- At least 3 years’ experience assessing submarine life cycle management methods and risks to develop maintenance planning practices to improve modernization and/or increase utilization
- Certification by the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) or Society for Maintenance & Reliability (SMRP) professionals highly desirable
- Logistics project and program leadership and management experience in the following logistics functions is required: requirements development; warehousing; provisioning; logistics support analysis; life cycle cost; component and system test and evaluation; maintenance program development; support equipment planning, acquisition and support; and validation of provisioning, sustainment and support technical documentation
- Experience leading and collaborating with technical engineering teams and with clients to identify needs, requirements and solutions that lead to new business opportunities.
- Advance MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project) skills required
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual, team and company growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/47957328. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.