BMT is seeking a full time Environmental Analyst to support Department of Defense (DoD) environmental programs through the Navy’s Laboratory Quality and Accreditation Office. The candidate must have analytical laboratory experience and must be a dependable, self-motivated, professional with a ‘can do’ attitude, committed to actively contributing to the team, completing detail-oriented projects, promptly responding to and resolving problems and providing high quality client service. Professional attributes including leadership, ethics, and problem solving, as well as teamwork and collaboration are equally as important as technical skills to successfully integrate with project teams. Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide support to DoD Navy Laboratory Quality and Accreditation Office (LQAO) working policy groups
- Review complex analytical data using basic knowledge of chemicals and laboratory instrumentation
- Apply laboratory methodology, policies and procedures to draw conclusions as to the validity and reliability of the data
- Observe standard policies, practices, and methods, draw conclusions to enhance or monitor quality and propose improvements if required
- Provide meeting and webinar support for government workshops and subgroups.
Candidate must be a US citizen. Company will not sponsor work visa or provide relocation for this position.
Work Location: Charleston, SC
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that includes a minimum of 30 semester hours in chemistry is required.
- Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- 5-10 years of experience in an environmental field that may include conducting chemical tests using a variety of industry standard instruments and samples and analyzing results for compliance with established guidelines is required. Knowledge of ISO 17025 requirements and quality system practices is desired.
- Experience providing meeting and webinar support for business meetings and workshops is required. Knowledge of web conferencing and videoconferencing applications (e.g., Cisco Webex).
- Experience researching standards and analyzing data to assess quality practices to resolve problems and influence decisions and change is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding work environment, respond promptly, and handle time-sensitive priorities.
- Committed to learning new skills and applying them directly to current work is a MUST
- Professional knowledge of chemistry principles, theories, and practices is required.
- Technical writing (e.g., laboratory reports) with attention to delivering high quality products is required.
- Background in quality management within a laboratory setting is required.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures related to environmental sampling and analysis.
- Knowledge of SW-846 and EPA Environmental Testing Methodology to draft Quality Systems documents.
- Proficient use of PC based applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); good typing skills and experience creating and editing correspondence, briefs, technical reports and multimedia presentations are required. Experience using Navy templates and standards highly desirable.
- Professional and clear verbal communication skills are required to successfully listen, reach out, ask questions and work with multidisciplinary teams to facilitate consensus and complete tasks effective communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to complete multiple and sometimes complex detail-oriented projects and tasks on time.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and actively contribute and collaborate with project teams
- Dependable, motivated, conscientious, self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/46569699. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.