BMT is seeking a full-time Marine Electrical Designer with AutoCAD experience to support electrical engineering team create and update small boat and ship electrical design layout for government and commercial projects. Tasking will include electrical drawings of ship, small boat electrical and electronic equipment and systems. Finished products may include conceptual drawings, detailed working drawings and updated as built drawings in a 2D and 3D CAD environment. Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Transform initial rough product designs and markups into final working documents.
- Read, understand and interpret design drawings and standard details.
- Incorporate revision markups under supervision of senior team members.
- Manage, route and maintain the cable management software for various projects.
Work Location: Work From Home (WFH)
Applicants must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. Company will not sponsor employment visa for this position.
- High School diploma
- 10-15 years’ electrical design experience using AutoCAD required
- Knowledge of established specifications and familiar with basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality is required
- Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new AutoCAD skills and design standards and apply them directly to current projects is required
- Design experience including the development of electrical system diagrams and one-line diagrams desired
- Proficiency in Elecdes Electrical CAD cable management software or equivalent software required
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills that facilitate ability to learn, reach out and ask questions, complete tasks on schedule and contribute to a data sharing and collaborative work environment required
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments
- Interest in actively contributing to individual and team growth
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and desire to actively contribute
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/46541087. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.