Brisbane - Australia
Eastern Australia Environment Team, Western Australia Environment Team, Australia Critical Infrastructure Team
Posted 6 weeks ago
Closes on 14 Nov 2020
BMT are an established and successful Engineering and Science consultancy with offices in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Newcastle and Melbourne.
Ideally based in Brisbane* this role, reporting to the Head of Operations, is pivotal in ensuring that our day-to-day operations support high quality delivery of value and service to our customers. For the Operations Manager this entails prioritising reducing the time and cost related to getting reports out to clients, document and records management, maintaining general office, equipment and IT efficiencies and managing risk and HSEQ systems.
The role will provide leadership and oversight to the operations team (consisting of a small administration team, a HSEQ Advisor and a Senior ICT consultant) as well as contribute to decision making to support company business planning and strategy implementation.
To be successful and importantly enjoy the role applicants must
1. thrive in an environment where often, no day is the same and be able to effectively juggle competing priorities
2. have the technical confidence to oversee ICT operations for a small-medium business - noting that experience with managing third party IT providers would be extremely beneficial
3. understand workflow / ticketing systems (for administration support) and the value of maintaining the company's Integrated Management System
4. have experience in managing budgets and have sound commercial acumen
5. be familiar with nuances of managing multiple office locations to ensure consistency in service delivery
6. work well with multiple stakeholders
In addition we are moving offices early in the new year and while the majority of work has been done in this space - experience with office relocation would be an advantage for any applicant.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has had experience in a similar role for 3+ years. Relevant qualifications would be well regarded but not essential.
As an employer, amongst other benefits, we offer flexible work arrangements (beyond COVID), purchase leave options, paid parental leave and provide a meaningful Employee Assistance program.
To get an insight into what we do and the culture of our business please further explore our website www.bmt.org or our linked in profile https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/bmt-environment.
* Ideally this role will be based in Brisbane, but for the right candidate, alternate locations may be considered
Please apply via the SEEK platform (https://www.seek.com.au/job/50738315) or send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.