BMT is seeking sharp, eager to learn, full time AutoCAD Technicians / Drafters to assist our ship design and engineering team with government and commercial small boat projects. Tasking will include the development of drawings of ship, small boat equipment, structural and mechanical systems. The finished product may include conceptual drawings, detailed working drawings and updated as built drawings in a 2D and 3D CAD environment. Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Transform initial rough product designs and markups into final working documents.
- Read, understand and interpret design drawings and standard details.
- Incorporate revision markups under supervision of senior team members.
Work Location: Arlington, VA
Candidates must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. Company will not sponsor employment visa for this position. Company will only consider applicants residing in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
- High School diploma
- AutoCAD Certification plus one (1) year experience or 3 years AutoCAD work experience required
- Knowledge of established specifications and familiar with basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality is required
- Ability to focus and quickly learn new AutoCAD skills and design standards and apply them directly to current projects is required
- Design experience including scantling plans, general arrangements, and mechanical or electrical systems desired
- Proficiency in Rhino 3D also desired
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills that facilitate ability to learn, reach out and ask questions, complete tasks on schedule and contribute to a data sharing and collaborative work environment required
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments
- Interest in actively contributing to individual and team growth
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and desire to actively contribute
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/43573974. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.