BMT is seeking Senior Mechanical / Fluid Systems Designers to support naval architect and marine engineering small boat and ship design team. Senior Mechanical / Fluid Systems Designer will have experience developing systems schematics for early stage ship design, regulatory body submittal, concept and contract level design. Familiar with fluid and mechanical ship system designs and detailing. Tasking will range from the development of conceptual ship drawings to developing detail and production design drawings and updating as-built drawings. Designers are expected to prepare production-ready drawings, perform quality assurance reviews and maintain document library.
Work Location: Work From Home
Applicants must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain DoD security clearance. Company will not sponsor a work visa.
- High School Diploma and 10 years’ ship 2D and 3D design and modeling experience using Rhino and AutoCAD is required. Associates Degree or Technical School Diploma preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience developing / modifying fluid and mechanical systems detail “designs for production” ship drawings that can be economically produced using normal, current shipbuilding practices is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience reviewing and applying established specifications and basic engineering and design principles to verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings with attention to detail and quality required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a design/QA lead ensuring drawings are accurate and updated in drawing documentation files and library preferred
- Proven ability lead and manage a design project and team and work independently with limited guidance from a design manager and ensure quality of deliverables meet project schedule are required
- Experience preparing drawings using ANSI standards and normal ship design and shipbuilding practices. Knowledge of commercial, USN, and USCG drawing standards and templates helpful.
- Experience supporting commercial naval architect consulting firms and shipyard construction practices and procedures preferred
- Experience working with USCG/DoD ship design and modification projects a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and learn new 2D and 3D AutoCAD skills and design standards and apply them directly to current projects required. ShipConstructor helpful
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills and experience and proven ability to quickly and fully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify technical points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, subcontractors and other stake-holders and develop a data sharing and collaborative environment required
- Commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Demonstrated ability to proactively investigate and resolve technical design problems
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds, in both cold and hot environments
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and desire to actively contribute to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/43550667. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.