The Marketing Manager is a key member of the day-to-day Future Business team. Reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager for the defined region, the Marketing Manager is responsible for regional marketing function within the commercial market sector, supporting the delivery of profitable business growth in line with the Business Plan and Strategic Business objectives.
The Marketing Manager supports the Regional Marketing Manager with the execution of local campaigns and is focused on building the BMT brand within their region, marketing and public relations. He/she is focused on the business’s marketing activities to support the future business strategy. He/she is accountable for supporting the Regional Marketing Manager, Business Development and Sales Directors within the region to produce and deliver regional campaigns, events and marketing material to deliver solid brand recognition in the defined market sectors. This includes regional responsibility for market research, monitoring of data analytics, developing content for social media and thought leadership content and measurement of the return of investment of local campaign activity. The Marketing Manager will communicate regularly with their counterparts in the global Future Business community to ensure consistency of messaging and the BMT brand.
The Regional Marketing Manager will exemplify the values and behaviour of BMT. Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in the pursuit of raising brand awareness and promoting BMT solutions and products for growth are key to the success of this role. This role will require someone with a combination of tactical marketing and softer skills – how you do things is as important as what you do.
Planning, Strategy and Governance
- Accountable to the Regional Marketing Manager (who is the line manager) for the defined market sectors
- Interface with Business Development, Sales and Strategic Campaigns within the region to support sales and marketing activities
- Support to and interface with the supporting marketing teams to ensure overall collective co-ordination of marketing activities and brand consistency
- Promoting the global vision, mission and values; being an active member of the BMT Future Business community.
- Ensuring that marketing activities follow local data protection legislation.
For the defined market sector:
- Facilitate the development and execution of marketing and communications activities (internal and external) that support PR campaigns and cross selling opportunities within the defined market sector in the region.
- Developing and executing Campaign Plans regionally, leading to defined marketing campaigns across the market sector
- Contribute ideas for how the BMT can improve its external image and market presence
- Assisting with the production of the marketing plan in alignment with the BMT strategy
- Assisting with the production of the annual marketing budget and monthly oversight
- Monitoring and analysing market trends, including competitor analysis in the region.
- Responsible for generating customer profiles and information of buying behaviour.
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including artwork and merchandise.
- Develop and deliver social media content in line with BMT policy to support a co-ordinated social media strategy.
- Coordinating and supporting public relations strategy and resulting activities, including acting as the interface between the OU’s, BD and Sales with media relations.
- Assure that external documentation such as presentations and reports adhere to BMT brand
- Manage and identify participation in relevant trade shows, events, conferences and seminars, and in developing and proposing other client facing initiatives in the region
- Manage exhibition events within a budget and report on return on investment through a set of measurement metrics such as customer surveys, brand awareness, number of leads and visitor attendance.
- Attend events and exhibitions to ensure consistent branding and assist with the organisation of hosting visitors and lead capture.
- In addition to these duties the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above job purpose.
- Previous experience in a technical marketing role, preferably with a marketing qualification
- Minimum of five years’ experience of relevant international commercial, consulting or professional services business
- Knowledge within the defined market sector.
- Experience of social media marketing and marketing software tools relevant to the role.
- Creative flare and an eye for detail
- Understanding of and ability to communicate BMT business unit core capabilities
- Gravitas to network with leaders in industry and government as appropriate
- Excellent presentation and written skills
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence through excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player, with the ability to establish positive and effective working relationships
- Flexibility in approach, adaptable, tenacious in delivery and follow-through
- Knowledge of CRM systems and their maintenance
- Marketing degree or equivalent qualification
- An understanding of the commercial markets BMT operates in
- An understanding of the marketing of products and taking them to market
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply directly by emailing a copy of your updated resume indicating your last drawn and expected salary, as well as your reason for leaving directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.