BMT is seeking full-time Systems Engineer to provide engineering, test and evaluation (T&E), research, analysis and program support to DoD weapons and combat systems program located at Wallops Island, VA. Systems Engineer will provide technical, engineering, and programmatic support to include the AEGIS, SSDS and DDG 1000 programs, as well as current and future NAVSEA and PEO IWS program activities at Wallops Island. This position will work with multidisciplinary teams to support the installation, activation, T&E and upgrade of current and future combat systems modernization initiatives and must be able to communicate complex technical concepts.
Work Location: Wallops Island, VA
Candidates must be a US Citizen and must possess and maintain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance. Candidates may also be subject to a government security investigation.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline is required
- DoD Secret Clearance required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with DoD US Navy (USN) weapon and combat systems required. AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, SSDS or DDG 1000 Weapon and Combat Systems engineering experience highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing engineering supporting Navy combat systems, design and develop site specific alterations to existing combat systems to include installation, integration, interface, and activation of new equipment with existing equipment or systems, identify integration and switching requirements, perform testing to validate equipment functionality, resolve top-level technical problems in existing and future configurations, provide engineering studies and analysis, and provide facility engineering and planning support
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills are required to interface with multidisciplinary teams to develop trusted working relationships and facilitate and build consensus
- Experience researching integration information and documentation and developing combat systems installation designs including cable block diagrams, interface block diagrams, and cable wiring tables required
- Experience coordinating the installation, activation, integration, and testing of weapon and combat systems equipment required
- Experience performing requirements engineering and management in support of designated program improvements for Government review and approval. This includes verifying traceability of requirements from higher level requirements documents and assessing the completeness and correctness of improvements.
- Experience estimating production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control
- Experience supporting technical meetings including planning, coordination, activation scheduling, field modifications, and modernization planning
- Experience designing and recommending improvements for implementation of switching systems for government review and approval.
- Strong commitment to complying with safety protocols and process and procedures in accordance with facility, federal, state and local requirements
- Experience drafting, creating, updating and maintaining site drawings using the AutoCAD and formatting in accordance with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Computer Aided Design (CAD) Layer Guidelines, and MS Visio
- Experience and commitment to following all program, federal and state safety guidelines and process and procedures is required
- Experience and proven ability to quickly and fully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify technical points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, subcontractors and other stakeholders and develop a data sharing and collaborative work environment required
- Commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations, and communicating results and/or challenges
- Dependable, confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and desire to actively contribute to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/43466088. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.