BMT is seeking a Marine Equipment Specialist to convert commercial vendor parts nomenclature to federal government supply system nomenclature and assigning US Army part numbers to each configuration item. Applicants must have familiarity with general engineering ship systems and parts and experience using MS Excel. Must have excellent listening and communication skills and committed to providing accurate results. Responsibilities include:
- Converting commercial vendor nomenclature to government supply system nomenclature following ASME Y14.100-2017 Engineering Drawing Practices using MS Excel spreadsheets
- Assigning US Army compliant part numbers to each configuration item
- Being able to learn the two tasks above in two days with training and assistance from BMT
Work Locations: Work From Home / Portsmouth, VA office
Work Schedule: Regular Part-time 30-35 hours per week
Terms of Employment: 2-3 Months
Applicants must be a US citizen. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- High School Diploma and at least 5 years’ DoD / DHS marine logistics experience as a maintenance mechanic, engineering technician, supply specialist or related field is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with operating or maintaining general engineering systems and parts required. Knowledge of shipboard systems helpful
- Experience and proven ability to quickly and fully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify technical points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, subcontractors and other stakeholders and develop a data sharing and collaborative environment required
- Strong MS Outlook and MS Excel skills are required
- Proven ability to learn new skills and immediately apply them directly to current work is a MUST
- Demonstrated strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to working independently and with multidisciplinary teams independently investigate and resolve technical issues
- Demonstrated organization skills and proficiency updating detailed spreadsheets and completing detail-oriented tasks on time. Must quality check own work to ensure accuracy of data.
- Commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/43418919. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.