Employer: BMT Canada Ltd.
Position: Intermediate Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Employment Address: 311 Legett Drive, Kanata, ON, K2K 1Z8
Hours of Work: 38.75
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Also eligible for competitive company benefits that include extended medical insurance, dental insurance and LTD. Candidate eligible for voluntary benefits including RRSP and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Conduct research related to oil and gas pipeline systems
- Complete mechanical and structural integrity assessments for pipeline systems considering the effects of damage and degradation
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports for research, design and assessment projects
- Design test fixturing and components to support testing programs for internal use
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems within the BMT full-scale testing lab
- Develop and manage maintenance standards and schedules for the BMT testing facility and equipment
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems in the BMT Facility
- Specify, contract and coordinate materials and subcontracted services for testing projects
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineering personnel and review and approve data reporting, calculations and cost estimates
- Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering (i.e. master’s or Doctorate degree) or a related engineering field
- 5 years of structural or mechanical engineering experience (or equivalent)
- Expertise and experience with ANSYS non-linear finite element modelling of mechanical systems considering geometric, material and contact non-linearities Understanding of and practical experience applying fatigue, fracture and strength of materials concepts
- Experience with the planning and execution of full-scale testing programs
- Experience and expertise with structural experimentation processes and tools including strain gauges, surface laser mapping
- Ability to collect, organize and process experimental data using advanced analysis tools such as MS Excel macros and/or Matlab
- Experience in pipeline integrity assessment including understanding of pipeline system and their operations
- Good communication skills including the ability to organize thoughts, data and prepare task and project reports
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and provide direction to technicians and other engineering personnel
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “Intermediate Mechanical Engineering Specialist” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.