BMT Canada is recruiting for a Senior Cybersecurity specialist to join our team. They will be responsible for professionally and efficiently delivering cybersecurity and cyber assurance advice to clients.
A Senior Cybersecurity Specialist at BMT Canada will be responsible for the following:
- Provide cybersecurity advice and support to internal and external customers
- Manage technical work and evaluate its effectiveness to improve best practice
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Comply with relevant codes of conduct
- Undertake technical activities in a way that contributes to best practices.
- Work within the BMT QMS processes and procedures
- Working within a team or alone assist external clients to understand and improve their cybersecurity governance processes for all system lifecycle stages
- Author and conduct technical review of cybersecurity related documents
- Conduct support activities to include but not limited to:
- Provide cybersecurity support to client taskings as required by the nature of the task at hand,
- Manage, train, direct and support the work of team members allocated to cybersecurity taskings,
- Participate in cross-functional project teams in support of client taskings,
- Provide non-technical support to client taskings as required, and
- Propose, prepare and present technical papers at cybersecurity-related conferences.
- Maintain technical currency in cybersecurity specific strategies, policies, standards and regulations including NIST, ITSG-33, ISO Standards, and military publications to support client requirements
- Work with your Engineering Manager to identify training or other developmental opportunities to develop SQEP within BMT
- Work with your Engineering Manager to identify resources for project work, training and development opportunities
- Mentor BMT staff who are developing skills, qualifications, and experience in their domain
- For deliverables within the Cybersecurity Systems discipline, act as Technical Lead, Technical Reviewer or Technical Approver, as agreed with your Engineering Manager
- If applicable, contribute to the development of cyber security standards through engagement with relevant bodies, such as DG Cyber, Canadian Standards Council, and International Standards Organization
- Contribute to non-cyber tasks utilizing relevant and transferable knowledge and skills
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least 8 years of relevant cybersecurity experience
- A Degree level qualification in an engineering, or computer science discipline
- Level II (Secret) Security Clearance or the ability to obtain
- CISSP certification or equivalent
- Experience of DND or the Canadian Armed Forces
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within large complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, shifting priorities, and significant budgets
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and application of key cybersecurity policies standards and references, including:
- Canadian Government Security Policy (GSP),
- ITSG documentation, and
- NIST 800-series, including the Cybersecurity Framework
- Understanding of the application and tailoring of systems engineering standards and the system engineering lifecycle
- Experience working within or with government agencies such as RCMP, Health Canada or the Department of National Defense
- Exposure to Canadian procurement practices and activities from a cybersecurity perspective
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “CS-025 Senior Cybersecurity Specialist" in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
or mail to:
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.