BMT is seeking full time Systems Engineer to support NAVSEA ship acquisition program including system engineering requirements development, acquisition strategies and trade studies and the review and synthesis of shipbuilding industry concepts, capabilities and lessons learned. Position requires submarine systems engineering design and Integrated Logistics (ILS) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) management and leadership experience. Applicants must communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with clients and multidisciplined program team, lead and manage program deliverables and commit to assisting Design and Engineering (DES)and Asset Performance Business (APS) Line Leads with developing new client relationships that lead to the capture and award of new contracts. Must demonstrate expertise and leadership in the following work activities:
- Assist BMT NAVSEA CHAMPS Program Manager with the definition and evaluation of studies including feasibility, alternative trade-off, ship impact, and proof of concept analyses
- Assist in developing required plans, concept papers, white papers, and briefings, action and milestone planning and tracking, project planning and progress status, program metrics establishment and tracking, and participation in designated meetings and milestone reviews in current and future ship and submarine acquisition programs
- Conduct analyses and trade off studies to support feasibility assessment of common hull designs
- Review shipbuilder industry concept study deliverables and provide comments
- Conduct Market research on adaptive force packages, containerized mission packages, and existing interfaces
- Project/Program financial management and delivery of quality products and services
- Assist Asset Performance Support team with development and execution of strategy to provide Reliability Engineering services to current and future clients
Applicant must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
Work Location: Work from Home
Travel: up to 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Must have at least 20 years’ experience leading and managing US Navy (USN) ship/submarine systems engineering and ILS and RCM programs.
- At least 15 years’ experience assessing ship/submarine life cycle management methods and risks to develop maintenance planning practices to improve modernization and increase utilization
- At least 10 years’ experience leading and collaborating with technical engineering teams and with stakeholders to identify needs, requirements and solutions that lead to new business opportunities.
- Logistics project and program leadership and management experience in the following logistics functions is required: requirements development; warehousing; provisioning; logistics support analysis; life cycle cost; component and system test and evaluation; maintenance program development; support equipment planning, acquisition and support; and validation of provisioning, sustainment and support technical documentation
- Advance MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project) skills required
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual, team and company growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://employer.circaworks.com/j/42752538. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070