BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a part-time Maintenance & Logistics Analyst and Subject Matter Expert (SME) with marine machinery systems to join ILS and RCM team supporting a DoD boat acquisition program. This position will:
- Evaluate system requirements and recommend efficient and economical levels of maintenance and repairs,
- Conduct failure modes effects criticality analyses, (FMECAs) and maintenance task analyses (MTAs), assist in the development of Level of Repair Analyses (LORAs)
- Assist in the development of training documentation
- Validate reported deficiencies and assist in prioritizing work based on schedule, operational requirements, cost, quality, timeliness, and budgets
- Manage entry of logistics data into standard databases to support MIL-STD and Commercial Standards
- Investigate existing maintenance actions to determine failure points as well as corrections to reduce or eliminate negative impacts to system availability.
- Identify methods to repair and extend the life expectancy of marine machinery.
- Summarize cost estimates for material purchase, lead time, and installation of materials.
- Estimate time to perform repairs and modifications.
- Identify existing maintenance procedures for modification and/or improvement.
- Identify existing drawings for modification and/or requirement for new drawings
- Provide technical assistance to customers regarding operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
Work Location: Work from Home, with travel for the purposes of site visits in support of MSV(L) events.
Applicant must be eligible for DoD secret clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- High School Diploma and at least15 years shipboard HM&E maintenance experience required
- NAVSEA RCM Level II Certification highly desirable
- DoD or CG Specialty school training and HM&E maintenance experience highly des
- Minimum 5 years’ experience conducting maintenance task analyses (MTAs), and complying with organization’s level of repair guidance in support of Navy ship or CG vessel program required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience validating reported deficiencies and assisting with prioritizing shipboard maintenance based on schedule, operational requirements, cost, quality, timeliness, and budgets required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing logistics databases to comply with MIL-STD and commercial standards (GEIA-STD-0007)
- Experience and skills using research tools for logistical, technical information, NSTM and electronic ship drawings
- Demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills with ability to quickly and successfully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, and establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, technicians, subcontractors and other stake-holders is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in completing detail-oriented tasks with accuracy and on time
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/42693111. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070