BMT is seeking a Marine Electrical/Electronic Maintenance Analyst and Subject Matter Expert (SME) with marine electronic equipment, including command and control systems, shipboard fiber optics, communications receivers and transmitters, radar systems, electronic-chart navigation equipment, Dynamic Positioning System. Electrical/Electronic Maintenance Analyst will work with multidisciplinary acquisition team to support and develop Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) program requirements and plan for integrated lifecycle support for the Army’s Maneuver Support Vessel Light MSV(L) program. Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist Logistics team develop electrical/electronic equipment maintenance and tech manuals for the program
- Identify existing maintenance procedures for modification and/or improvement.
- Identify existing drawings for modification and/or requirement for new drawings
- Investigate existing maintenance actions to re failure points as well as corrections to reduce or eliminate
- Identify methods to repair and extend the life expectancy of marine electronic systems and equipment
- Manage entry of logistics data into standard databases to support MIL-STD and Commercial Standards
- Summarize cost estimates for material purchase, lead time, and installation of materials.
- Estimate time to perform repairs and modifications.
- Lead field service team to perform, maintenance, repair, and management of shipboard electronic equipment, including command and control systems, shipboard fiber optics, communications receivers and transmitters, radar systems, electronic-chart navigation equipment, Dynamic Positioning System, and electrical control systems
Work Location: Work from Home, with travel for the purposes of site visits in support of MSV(L) events.
Applicant must be eligible for DoD secret clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or engineering technology is required. Minimum 10 years of “hands on” U.S. DoD or U.S. Coast Guard (CG) ship ILS and RCM marine electronics maintenance management and repair operations experience required in lieu of degree. Navy and CG training school is “considered hands on” experience.
- NAVSEA RCM Level II Certification highly desirable
- Minimum 8 years’ marine electronics technician and/or electronics and machinery technician experience required. Shipyard experience helpful
- Experience instructing marine electronic training courses highly desirable.
- Knowledge of shipboard specific maintenance-related IT systems such as FLS, VLS, CMPlus, NE-TIMS, and Electronic PMS Manuals or US Navy (USN) equivalents.
- Knowledge of CG or USN-specific maintenance policy documents such as Naval Engineering Manual, PMS Development Guide, Acquisition Process Guide for Maintenance, and Corrosion Prevention and Control Program Process Guide highly desirable
- Experience supporting ship maintenance and test and evaluation operations, and planning meetings with multidisciplinary teams, presenting findings and recommendations is highly desirable
- Experience processing CASREPs and MPCs (maintenance procedure cards), updating technical publications, damage control books, damage control plates and other technical documents is highly desirable
- Advance MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) creating technical reports, activity reports, risk assessments and presentations required
- Physically able to conduct ship checks and installations including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders and lifting up to 25 pounds is required
- Demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills with ability to quickly and successfully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, and establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, technicians, subcontractors and other stake-holders is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in completing detail-oriented tasks with accuracy and on time
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/42690738. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070