BMT is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to support Navy Environmental Compliance program office. Primary responsibility of this position is to support major DoD environmental planning requirements which consist of the following:
- Support DoD Environmental Compliance Program, specifically compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Executive Order 12114.
- Support Navy Environmental Office in Program Objective Memorandum (POM) budget submission and execution.
- Support and coordinate with commands such as U.S. Pacific Fleet, U.S. Fleet Forces, Naval Sea Systems Command, Naval Air Systems Command, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Naval Supply Systems Command, Navy Installations Command, and U.S. Marine Corps.
- Analyze federal and state environmental regulations that could impact Navy operational training. This requires a working knowledge of NEPA, Executive Order 12114, Endangered Species Act (ESA), Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) regulations.
Work Location: Work at Home
Applicants must hold a current DOD secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required
- 20+ years’ experience supporting federal and DOD US Navy environmental compliance programs required
- 10+ years’ experience managing environmental planning (NEPA and Executive Order 21114 Environmental Impact Statements) related to DoD operational training and homeporting/relocating required
- 10+ years’ experience with Endangered Species Act (ESA), Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)
- 10+ years’ experience working on encroachment mitigation associated with military training ranges required
- 10+ years’ experience with DoD environmental compliance programs associated with training ranges. This includes working knowledge of environmental laws and policies such as Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Toxic Substance Control Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Range Sustainability Environmental Program Assessment, Range Complex Management Plan, and Operational Range Clearance
- Experience working with and briefing DoD Echelon I and II-level headquarter staff required
- Trained in Department of Navy budget process. Working experience in POM preparation and submission and program budget execution
- Excellent listening and oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills that result in providing services and completing detail-oriented projects on schedule is required
- Ability to complete tasks individually as well as collaborate with other team members
- Confident, action oriented, dependable, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/40923348. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070