BMT has an opportunity for a technical acquisition program manager to join our team delivering program leadership for a ship design, production and logistics program. BMT is seeking a program manager (PM) with demonstrated experience in risk management, configuration management (including change management), resource management, and contract/subcontract management. BMT is interested in PMs who are expert communicators with the ability to lead across time zones and organizational boundaries interacting with multiple stakeholders including operators, customers, partners, subcontractors and suppliers. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage federal small boat ship acquisition and logistics program.
- Responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance of program.
- Direct, plan, organize, and control program to ensure all contract requirements are fulfilled in effective and timely manner and within project funding.
- Develop and monitor contract execution plan including time and cost estimates.
- Identify changes in scope, document change proposals, and negotiate contract modifications.
- Responsible for identifying resources to fulfill contract requirements.
- Prioritize workload, determine required staffing levels and adjust staffing as required.
- Manage performance of team to include subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to contract execution plan and schedule, and identify contract problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Prepare and review briefings, reports, and other related documentation/data to support the project.
- Act as primary customer contact for contract technical and cost performance.
- Regularly meet with and update customer on contract status.
- Lead contract review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Lead technical discussions for external and internal contract reviews.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and presentations to colleagues, subordinates, and government representatives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, stakeholders, subcontractors, vendors, and industry.
Travel: Up to 5% travel required, both domestic and international
Location: Arlington, VA
Applicant must be US Citizen. Prefer applicants residing in Washington DC metropolitan area.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a technical field plus at least 15 years of relevant military experience and/or specific experience working with DOD or DHS military acquisition programs required
- Active DOD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent experience required
- DAWIA Program Management Level III Certification is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience managing large complex programs in DOD/Navy program management, DHS/CG program management, Industry or Government technical management, or Industry or Government business management required.
- Minimum 10 years’ supervisor experience and at least 5 years of experience with communicating and interacting with senior O-6, GS -15 level government personnel.
- Program management experience including managing subcontractors, suppliers, and partner relationships
- 5-10 years’ experience managing Shipbuilding/Small Boat Acquisition Program for USCG, US Army, US Navy working with shipyards, builders, and OEMs required
- Experience with both ABS and Navy industry standards as well as best practices for new ship construction program management and shipboard configuration, including design changes, construction, ship alterations, and identification of how these alterations affect configuration, operations, and life cycle sustainment
- Experience using MS Project and CostPoint project management reporting preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, detail oriented, strong organizational skills and decisiveness
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Strong planning, analytical and networking skills required
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Excellent MS Office skills required
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/41911235. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070