BMT is seeking Ship Propulsion Field Service Project Manager with subject matter expertise of installation, testing and evaluation and maintenance planning of U.S. Coast Guard (CG) / U.S. Navy (USN) propulsion monitor and control equipment and systems. Project manager must have experience: planning, estimating and sequencing the work schedules for the repair, maintenance and upgrade of shipboard propulsion and industrial control equipment; field service installation, testing and evaluation experience; experience supervising field technicians servicing CG / USN vessels. The Ship Propulsion Maintenance Project Manager will provide clear leadership, technical direction, and guidance to all personnel and subcontractors. Applicant must communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with all levels of company personnel as well as other contractors, government civilian and military personnel. Essential job functions include:
- Review work specifications, material status reports and manpower resourcing budgets to ensure all contract milestones are completed on time and on budget
- Develop project production strategy and schedule including procurement of materials, labor and subcontractor resourcing with adherence to cost, schedule and quality
- Develop work schedules to execute both drydock and dockside repairs that integrate purchase, lead time, and installation of materials, labor and subcontractor support
- Investigate existing maintenance actions to determine failure points and recommend corrections
- Recommend upgrades and replacement parts to repair and extend the life expectancy of propulsion and industrial control equipment and systems
- Manage personnel (full time and part-time field technicians and subcontractors) on site to verify drydock or dockside scheduled repairs and ensure installations and repairs comply with good quality practices and conform to work specifications
- Install and test work associated with installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical generation, electrical distribution, propulsion systems and their industrial control systems as required alongside field technicians completing installations
Only applicants who are US citizens with ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance will be considered.
Work Location: Work at Home (WAH) with an estimate of 50% travel to CONUS ports primarily and OCONUS ports infrequently for shipyard installations, ship checks and sea trials as required
- High School Diploma or GED and 15 years of CG/USN shipboard propulsion and industrial controls equipment and system repair and maintenance experience required
- Specialty school training in boat or ship maintenance, and CG or USN vessel electrical maintenance management experience preferred. Experience on CG NSC highly desirable
- Minimum 8 years’ progressive experience supervising shipboard propulsion equipment and systems repairs and upgrades, and field service technicians and performing ship checks in CG or USN shipyard environment required
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience including planning and estimating procurement of materials and manpower resources, managing work, budgets, and schedule for the installation and repair of shipboard propulsion and industrial controls equipment and systems and generating new estimates and processing change orders based on work specifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising and teaching field service technicians and managing subcontractors to ensure work complies with good quality practices and conforms to work specifications
- Subject matter expertise of CG or NAVSEA propulsion and industrial control specifications, and updating technical manuals and ship drawings to document changes required
- Installation and ship check physical requirements include: ability to support his or her own weight, climb up and down narrow stairs and ladders, reach and maneuver in confined spaces and may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills with ability to quickly and successfully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify program points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers and other stakeholders
- Advance MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) skills required. MS Project experience highly desirable.
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Confident, dependable, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/41385998. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070