Providing a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company and maintaining the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within your discipline.
Sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues across all disciplines, working in close collaboration on a project by project basis.
Actively managing the quality of work produced and completing assigned tasks in a timely and transparent manner.
Skills & Experience
- Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
- Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
- The ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues across all disciplines.
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
- 2D CAD (AutoCAD) to produce design information. 2D/3D CAD and other specialist software (including MathCAD calculation and Strand FEA software) as required to produce and to review design information.
- MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations and Classification and Flag rule sets.
- Knowledge and understanding of ship structural design.
- Knowledge and understanding of structural analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of ship systems design and its impact on integration
- Full driving licence.
- On site works, both in the UK and with the potential for frequent travel and site attendance within Northern Europe. Further International Travel as required on a project by project basis.
- A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to respond to peaks of workload within a project.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org