Southampton - United Kingdom
UK Commercial Shipping (Specialised Ship Design) Team
Providing a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company and maintaining the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within your discipline.
Sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues across all disciplines, working in close collaboration on a project by project basis.
Taking on an active coordination role when required, overseeing assigned projects across all disciplines, whilst also maintaining the primary role.
Actively managing the quality of work produced and completing assigned tasks in a timely and transparent manner.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
• Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
• The ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
• Competence in fundamental Naval Architecture tasks; including hull design and stability calculation, weight calculation, performance prediction, model testing, seakeeping analysis, tank plan development and arrangement drawings.
• Good communication skills, with the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues across all disciplines.
• Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
• The ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
• 2D CAD (AutoCAD) to produce design information (Advanced skill level).
• 2D/3D CAD and other specialist software as required to produce and to review design information.
• MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
• Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations and Classification and Flag rule sets.
• Knowledge and understanding of ship structural design.
• Knowledge and understanding of ship systems design and its impact upon integration.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org