Southampton - United Kingdom
Posted 5 weeks ago
Company: BMT Specialised Ship Design
Location: Shamrock Quay, Southampton
Hours: 38 hours per week
Contract type: Contract/Permanent
BMT Specialised Ship Design are a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production.
With an established background in yachts, commercial and naval vessels and significant experience across all hull form types, propulsion systems and structural materials, the company utilises state of the art technology to provide innovative design solutions and consultancy services tailored to the individual requirements of owners, operators and shipyards worldwide.
A suitably qualified and experienced Structural Production Design Engineer, who will be primarily involved with commercial and military specialised vessels, working amongst multi-disciplined project teams.
• Designing structural and outfitting arrangements in 2D and 3D environment
• Producing class approval documentation
• 3D detail design
• Preparation of production packages
• Liaising with shipyards
• Reviewing classification and shipyard appraisal comments
• Minimum 4 years of experience as marine structural designer/structural draftsmen
• 2D (essential) & 3D (preferable) CAD capabilities to produce and review design information
• Structural design background and ideally experience of working on 15-100m vessels
• Shipyard experience / understanding of production requirements desirable
• Knowledge of class rules and requirements is desirable
• Good level of spoken and written English
• Capable of developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
• Highly motivated when working as part of a team
Email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org