BMT Designers & Planners (BMT) is seeking a Business Development Manager. The position reports to the Business Development organization headquartered in Arlington, VA. This individual is responsible for actively engaging federal and commercial customer community to identify and develop new opportunities and work with BMT businesses for pursuit efforts. Preferred work locations are Washington, DC or Norfolk, VA, but BMT will consider highly qualified individuals at other locations. The ideal candidate will have previous service experience within the U.S. Navy or U.S. Coast Guard, either in a military or civilian capacity.
- Market research and lead generation
- Support pipeline management
- Qualify opportunities and advise on go/no go recommendations
- Foster long-term relationships with clients
- Complete capture activities
- Provide key inputs on proposal messaging and win themes
- Participate in proposal review meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Communications, or Business Administration is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- US citizen possessing or eligible for a DoD security clearance required.
- Prior experience with opportunity identification, qualification, capture, and proposal development is required.
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated professional experience supporting the U.S. Department of Defense, with at least 3 of these years in a Business Development capacity.
- Experience successfully collaborating within team and with client(s) to determine specific needs, requirements and resolve problems.
- Proven success researching markets. utilizing market intelligence tools and capturing new business for a DoD contractor is desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of Navy and NAVSEA organization and procurements is a plus.
- Diplomatic and persuasive. Able to influence clients and develop strong business relationships in both the public and private sector.
- Work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Excellent verbal and technical written communication skills, and an advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint and Excel, especially). Familiarity and experience working with databases and collaborative platforms such as Microsoft Teams or SharePoint is desired. experience highly desirable.
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and company growth.
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/39193099. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 S Quincy Street, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070