The Program Services team in BMT Canada helps customers execute complex programs through the integration of program management and technical know-how. The result is that customers maintain a clear picture of their goals and how they are being realized, which maintains the understanding they need to make informed decisions and achieve success. Our personnel are primarily deployed into our customer base providing hands-on guidance and support to implement fundamental transformational changes.
Your role will be to help our customers by understanding and simplifying their challenges, charting strategy, and managing organizational change initiatives to help define and achieve a customer's goals. Learn more about the solutions we are providing to customers at https://www.bmt.org/sectors/. Your level and responsibilities will be commensurate with your experience and abilities, and you will receive guidance from our team as you advance along your career.
A Program Services Consultant at BMT Canada has the following responsibilities:
- Engage our customer teams using collaboration techniques including structured facilitation, on-line surveys, data analytics, and good old-fashioned conversation;
- Estimate and develop strategies for implementing project work and pursuing opportunities;
- Identify new opportunities to realize value – with existing and new customers;
- Measure strategic, financial, and operational ROI;
- Drive behavior change and change adoption;
- Articulate value propositions and develop and present compelling cases for change in a way that is creative and inspiring;
- Develop trusted relationships with key decision-makers across customer organization;
- Actively collaborate with BMT Canada leadership to develop markets and customers; and
- Coach, lead, follow, or simply listen as required to support our diverse and vibrant customer base.
- Be someone who wants to make a difference;
- Minimum 5 years of internal or external consulting experience related to successful delivery of work in the disciplines of enterprise transformation or organization change;
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to successful delivery of work in one or more of the following areas:
- Culture Change Programs
- Leadership Development
- Performance Management
- Change Management or Strategy
- Project and Program Management
- Training needs analysis and design
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of finance and procurement experience to a federal agency or government project or end customer;
- A Degree level qualification in a managerial or technical discipline;
- Level II (Secret) Security Clearance or the ability to obtain; and
- Minimum one professional certification such as PMP, P.Eng.
- Ability to innovate and challenge norms;
- Ability to lead with situational dependent styles;
- Open to iteration and flexible to changes in approach/direction;
- Ability to generate new, creative approaches to solve problems; and
- Good to great presentation skills supported by strong written and verbal communications.
- Knowledge and experience within large complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, shifting priorities, and significant budgets;
- Experience with transformational change initiatives pursuing a standardized certification such as CMMI;
- Working knowledge of one or more Canadian Government agencies such as Health Canada or the Department of National Defence;
- Experience with account management; and
- Exposure to Canadian procurement practices and activities such as requests for proposals, vendor selections, or treasury board submissions.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, following these guidelines:
- “PS-015 Program Services Consultant, Victoria” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.