BMT's growing Design Engineering Services Business Line is recruiting for an Intermediate Marine System Engineer for the Ottawa office. The successful candidate will join a team of outstanding professionals, supporting a wide range of engineering activities from integration of new concepts into existing vessels to in-service analysis to support to client acquisition programs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Possess a university degree in mechanical or marine systems engineering or hold a provincial, state or federal license to practice as a professional engineer;
- Be able to obtain a Secret security clearance;
- Have excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Have flexibility to travel, including ability to work onboard ships conducting surveys;
- Have the ability to work at Ottawa area client site(s), as well as other sites from time to time; and
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare well-crafted engineering reports and specifications.
Candidates with experience in, or a keen willingness to learn about, the following areas have a distinct advantage:
- Ship and submarine propulsion and auxiliary system configurations;
- Marine engineering calculations including fuel consumption, HVAC and piping flow;
- Systems engineering lifecycle;
- Marine systems and ship/submarine design, including new design and modifications to existing design,
- Shipbuilding/marine production; and
- Seagoing experience as a marine engineer.
How to apply
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please submit as follows:
- “MS-005 Intermediate Marine Engineer” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.