BMT is seeking a full time Environmental Analyst to support Department of Defense (DoD) environmental programs with the Navy’s Laboratory Quality and Accreditation Office. The candidate must have analytical laboratory experience and must be a dependable, self-motivated, professional with a ‘can do’ attitude, committed to actively contributing to the team, completing detail-oriented projects, promptly responding to, and resolving problems and providing high quality client-facing service. Professional attributes including leadership, ethics, and problem solving, as well as teamwork and collaboration are equally as important as technical skills to successfully integrate with project teams. Duties include but not limited to:
- Apply laboratory methodology, policies, and procedures to draw conclusions as to the validity and reliability of the data.
- Provide meeting and webinar support for government workshops and subgroups; including minutes, action item tracking, and facilitation
- Review complex analytical data using basic knowledge of chemistry and laboratory instrumentation.
- Review standard policies, procedures, and test methods to draw conclusions on quality.
Applicant must be a US citizen with DoD security clearance or ability to obtain a clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or provide relocation for this position.
Work Location: Charleston, SC (Government facility)
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that includes a minimum of 30 semester hours in chemistry.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an environmental field that may include conducting chemical tests using a variety of industry standard instruments and samples and analyzing results for compliance with established guidelines. Knowledge of ISO 17025 requirements and quality system practices is desired.
- experience researching standards and analyzing data to assess quality practices.
- experience and proficient use of PC based applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access); excellent typing skills and experience creating and editing correspondence, briefs, technical reports, and multimedia presentations are required.
- Experience supporting and leading multidisciplinary group meetings and drafting meeting minutes.
- Professional knowledge of chemistry principles, theories, and practices.
- Knowledge of laboratory quality and SOP management.
- Professional and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the statistical analysis of data.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding work environment, respond promptly, and handle time-sensitive priorities.
- Committed to learning new skills and applying them directly to current work.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to complete multiple and sometimes complex detail-oriented projects and tasks on time.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and actively contribute and collaborate with project teams
- Dependable, motivated, conscientious, self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training, and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire, and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/63133587. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
BMT DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 South Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070