BMT Designers & Planners (BMT) is seeking an Engineer to support Navy environmental R&D projects in West Bethesda, MD.
The successful applicant must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills and success working both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Researching marine environmental equipment for the US Navy
- Drafting test plans and operating procedures for research and development laboratory testing and evaluation purposes
- Conducting testing and evaluation of marine environmental systems in a laboratory setting. Troubleshooting systems when necessary
- Documenting results in the form of equipment matrices, large data analyses, and detailed final reports.
Work Location: Bethesda, MD
Applicant must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not provide work visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Environmental, or Systems Engineering required.
- Experience in a testing setting strongly preferred. This includes testing equipment, design of experiments, and data gathering and analysis.
- Preference to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas: solid waste processing, wastewater treatment, fluid dynamics, and environmental standards/regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Technical writing experience required
- Experience providing support to Navy or USCG environmental programs and customers strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the maritime industry with shipboard systems preferred.
- Able to apply principals of engineering standards to develop test methodology and to perform data analysis
- Ability to present test results in a clear and concise manner and to write technical reports is essential.
- Ability to provide high caliber client service by anticipating client needs, investigate and resolve problems, and the ability to successfully work independently and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams is required
- Dependable, eager to learn, proactive, self-starter professional with excellent work ethic, attention to detail/quality and interested in contributing to individual and team growth
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training, and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire, and surveys at https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/63054406. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
BMT DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners, Inc.
2900 S. Quincy Street, Ste 210
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070