The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Future Business Team with marketing and public relations requirements in the defined region. The incumbent coordinates and administers the marketing activities to promote products and services regionally in the external marketplace. This position is a
The Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the regional team and provides support for generating and monitoring data on customer behaviour and competitor movements. They will work with the Marketing Managers in the region to develop and produce written and multimedia content for marketing collateral (e.g. social media, website, advertising). As a member of the marketing team, this role will require a collaborative approach and the ability to engage with both the Future Business and Program teams to build awareness of the marketing efforts and extract information from the teams to build content for marketing initiatives. This is primarily a tactical marketing role that requires a multi-disciplinary range of skills and the ability to network across the organizations in the region to ensure that marketing needs are met.
- Supporting the Marketing Managers in the region in all administration, marketing and public relations activity but specifically:
- Supporting the coordination of marketing requests across the marketing team.
- Regional event management: Booking venues, ordering exhibition material, catering, IT requirements for, and attendance at (where necessary) exhibitions and events.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the BMT brand strategy through the coordination and the production of marketing materials, including artwork and merchandise.
- Provide graphical and presentational support to the marketing manager.
- Developing content and managing the upload of marketing material (photographs, brochures, press releases) to various online libraries, group intranet and social media sites.
- Supporting the marketing manager with the reporting of data analytics, competitor movements and supporting the regional business development and sales team with customer engagement.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring campaign and event success
- Populating and maintaining the CRM database. Cleansing customer information for distribution via email and distribution house.
- Supporting and maintaining a centralized repository of regional exhibition event information and material.
- Collation, measurement and delivery of marketing reports detailing marketing statistics and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Assisting with the new build and editing of website areas and sourcing content / images.
- Overseeing processing of marketing invoices with finance team.
- Supporting ad hoc marketing projects and campaigns.
- Liaising with other internal departments as well as external suppliers. In addition to these duties the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above job purpose
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualification in a marketing related subject
- Previous experience of marketing coordinator or similar role
- Knowledge of social media marketing would be highly advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management tools.
- Experience with market research and using data analytics software. · Excellent graphic skills (e.g. Publisher, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Relevant experience in an engineering or technical consultancy discipline would be advantageous
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.