‘Woodlands’ is a residential development over a 138ha area within the suburb of Waterford, approximately 10km south of Logan City.
BMT WBM have been heavily involved in the preparation of stormwater management strategies and flood impact assessments for the ‘Woodlands’ development at Waterford.
These works have involved an integrated approach and BMT WBM’s multidisciplinary team have been heavily involved in all project tasks for all stages of the development.
These works have included:
- Assessment of the characteristics of the site and any natural opportunities an/or constraints it provides in managing stormwater quality and/or quantity.
- Definition of acceptable Water Quality Objectives (WQO’s) and flooding/ hydraulic targets/ requirements.
- Identification of Local Council Codes relevant to water quality and quantity issues.
- Selection and integration of water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) principles and stormwater management and flood mitigation measures into the proposed development to achieve the required targets.
- Detailed ‘water quality’ and hydraulic modelling, utilising MUSIC, RAFTS-XP, HEC RAS and TUFLOW.
- Development of conceptual designs/ layouts of proposed stormwater management strategies.
- Provision of advice in relation to the construction and establishment of stormwater management measures.
- Review and certification of detailed design drawings and constructed/ established works.
For general enquiries relating to Woodlands Integrated Water Management, please contact Dr Phil Haines
Dr Phil Haines
General Manager, Water & Environment Group